A student may repeat a course in which a final grade of “C- “or below was received. The original grade remains on the student’s academic record. After a course has been repeated, the most recent grade is used in the calculation of the student’s cumulative grade point average. A student cannot repeat a course for the sole purpose of improving the overall GPA if the degree requirement has already been met.
Please note - MyHU will not permit you to register yourself for a course(s) taken in a previous term.
If you were unsuccessful in a course in a previous term and would now like to repeat the course, you can submit a ticket requesting our office register you to repeat the course.
The process to request to be registered for a repeat course is as follows-
- You will review the course schedule for the upcoming semester and select a section with available seats.
- You will then submit a ticket and provide our office with the full course number of the section you wish to take.
- Our office will then manually register you for the course. We will send you a confirmation once it has been processed.
- Although both grades will appear on your transcript, the most recent grade earned will be used to calculate your cumulative GPA.
- You can not register to repeat the course until the previous course has been graded, even if you expect a failing grade.