Withdrawal (W) – This grade is recorded by Records and Registration when the student has withdrawn from the course according to the policy set forth by the University for withdrawing from a course.  

A “W” grade does not impact your GPA, 

Each semester, there is a published deadline, in which a student can request a withdrawal and earn a “W” grade. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the current year, to determine the deadline each semester. The Academic Calendar can be accessed on MyHU > Home > Left Side Menu Bar > Academic Calendar

If you withdraw from a course after the published deadline, the grade will be “WF”, which is calculated into your GPA, the same as an “F” grade.